AgentSync, Inc. (“AgentSync”, “we”, “us” and “our”) is committed to respecting the privacy and security of the personal information we process. This Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”) provides important information about our use of personal information and informs you of your rights and choices. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully and let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
By accessing or using the AgentSync Site or Services, as defined below, you acknowledge and agree that you have received and read this Privacy Notice.
Table of Contents
Click on an entry in the table of contents below to jump to that section.
AgentSync provides an application built on the Salesforce.com platform that facilitates the management and enforcement of state producer licensing regulatory requirements through an integration to the National Insurance Producer Registry (“NIPR”) (the “Application”). In addition to the services available through the Application, AgentSync provides implementation, training and technical support services (collectively, the “Services”).
This Privacy Notice is intended to tell you about how AgentSync collects, uses and shares personal information when:
- you visit and/or use our website with the domain https://agentsync.io/ (“Site”);
- you sign up for, login to, access, use or interact with the AgentSync Application or Services;
- you communicate with us; and
- we market our Services.
02. What Personal Information Do We Collect and How is It Collected?
Personal information means any information about an individual from which that person may be identified. For example, it may include your name, phone number, email address, or payment information. Personal information does not include anonymous or aggregate data where the identifiers have been removed. We collect information, including personal information, directly from you and indirectly, as described below.
A. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information that you provide directly to us when you access or use our Services or the Site or when you interact with us. We collect information that you provide to us in the following ways:
- when you submit a form on our Site, we collect your name, email address and the content of the communication;
- when you contact us, we may collect your name, email address, phone number, company name, and information about your inquiry or request;
- when you submit a customer support request or feedback, we collect your name, contact information, reason for contacting us and any other information you provide as part of your request or feedback;
- when you sign up for the Services, we collect your name, contact information and professional details, such as company name and role, and any other account details you provide; and
- when you request implementation or customer support Services, you may provide us with access to information about individual insurance producers whose information you store or manage on the Salesforce.com platform (“Producers”), which enables us to provide the requested Services.
B. INFORMATION COLLECTED INDIRECTLY
Device and Usage Data
We collect certain information about your interactions with the Site and, as applicable, the Services by automated means. This information may include IP address, access dates and times, information about your approximate location (as determined through your IP address), mobile, computer or device hardware information (e.g., operating system version, Hardware model, IMEI number and other unique device identifiers, MAC address, and device settings), device event information, and crash data. This information helps us to provide, protect, and enhance and improve the Site and/or Services by helping us to understand how you use them.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We and/or our authorized third-party service providers or agents collect certain information by automated means using cookies. The information we collect in this manner enables us to better understand the pages or content you view, your searches, traffic patterns, to secure and maintain our Site and/or Services, and to optimize user experience. For more information on our use of these technologies, please visit the Cookies section below.
C. INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM SERVICE PROVIDERS
Our authorized service providers or agents may share with us the following personal information:
- Information from third parties who perform business services for AgentSync, such as Site information from third parties that assist us in operating our Site and transactional data from our third-party payment service providers; and
- Marketing data that AgentSync uses to find new leads and optimize conversion rates, such as lead lists from conference organizers or email engagement rates.
D. INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM OUR BUSINESS PARTNERS
AgentSync partners with the NIPR and receives Producer information from the NIPR that is passed to a customer’s instance on the Salesforce.com Platform through the Services. AgentSync transfers and does not independently store or retain this information. We pass the following personal information from the NIPR to a customer’s instance on the Salesforce.com Platform:
- Contact and profile information, such as: name, social security number, date of birth, email address, phone number, physical address(s), title, and professional details;
- Producer licensing information, such as: National producer number (“NPN”), license numbers, region, state, and related business contact information; and
- Regulatory action information, such as: action type, action date, disposition, and relevant penalties or fines
E. INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM SALESFORCE.COM
Through the Services, we pass Producer information from a customer’s instance on the Salesforce.com Platform to the NIPR. This information is transferred through the Services and is not directly stored or retained by AgentSync. We pass the following information from Salesforce.com to the NIPR:
- Contact and profile information, such as: name, social security number, date of birth, gender, residence address, country of citizenship, driver’s license information, employment history, phone number, and email address; and
- Producer business information, such as: Federal Employer Identification Number (“FEIN”), business contact information, NPN, business name, and licensing state.
F. WHAT IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE INFORMATION?
Some personal information is necessary so that we can provide you with the Services you have requested and to use our Site. Failure or refusal to provide this information may prevent us from providing you with access to our Services and/or Site.
Cookies are small text files that are set by our Site or by third parties that provide content or features on our Site and are stored on your computer or mobile device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org.
A. TYPES OF COOKIES
Cookies can be described by who created and placed them and how long they last. Types of cookies include the following:
Persistent Cookies and Session Cookies
- Persistent Cookies: A persistent cookie stays in your browser and will be read by us when you return. A persistent cookie helps us recognize you as an existing user.
- Session Cookies: A session cookie is temporary and enables you to move from page to page on our Site. A session cookie is deleted when you close your browser or after a short period of time.
First-party Cookies and Third-party Cookies
- First-party cookies: These are cookies set by the website or online service you are visiting, either by us, or by a third party at our request.
- Third-party cookies: These are cookies that are set by a party other than the party whose website you are visiting.
B. WHAT INFORMATION DO COOKIES COLLECT?
Cookies collect different types of information depending on the type of cookie and its purpose. Some examples of information that may be collected by cookies when you use our Site include:
- the pages you visit within the Site;
- the buttons you click on our Site;
- the date and time you visit our Site;
- the amount of time you spend on our Site;
- the IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet; and
- your computer and connection information such as your browser type and version, operating system and platform.
C. COOKIES AGENTSYNC USES AND FOR WHAT PURPOSES
We, or our service providers or agents acting on our behalf, use the following persistent and session cookies on our Site:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential because they enable our Site to work, and they cannot be disabled. Without these cookies, some of the functionality on our Site cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you for marketing purposes. For example, these cookies are used to:
- Remember information that you fill in when performing certain activities on the Site;
- Pass information from one page to the next, for example when filling out forms;
- Read your browser and device settings to optimize the display of the Site;
- Locate and identify misuse of the Site;
- Load the Site uniformly to maintain accessibility; and
- Prevent fraud.
- Performance or Analytics Cookies: These cookies help us understand how the Site is being accessed, used, or performing, such as the frequency and duration of use of the Site. These analytics cookies may collect information about the content you view, what websites you visit immediately prior to and after visiting our Site, and your system and geographic information. The information generated by these cookies will be transmitted to and stored by the applicable analytics services.
- For example, analytics cookies are used to:
- Maintain and continually improve the Site;
- Keep track of the number of visitors to the pages within the Site;
- Keep track of the length of time that each visitor spends on the pages within the Site;
- Determine the order in which a visitor visits the various pages within the Site;
- Determine the website a visitor was at before navigating to the Site and the website a visitor is going to immediately after leaving the Site;
- Identify performance issues with the Site;
- Assess which parts of the Site need improvement; and
- See how successful our marketing campaigns or other Site goals are.
You can exercise your preferences in relation to cookies served on our Site by taking the steps outlined below. To learn more about cookies, including how to manage cookies and opt-out of cookies being placed on your device, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html.
To manage your cookie preferences, you may alter the cookie settings in your browser settings at any time. You may accept all, or certain, cookies. If you do disable cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections of the Site will not work.
- First-Party Cookies: If you do not want cookies placed on your computer or mobile device, you can adjust the setting of your Internet browser to reject some or all cookies and to alert you when a cookie is placed on your device. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings). While adjusting your browser settings can prevent the future placement of cookies, it does not remove existing persistent cookies.
- Third-Party Cookies: Modern browsers also allow you to block third-party cookies using the steps described above for first-party cookies.
The following are additional services that can assist you with managing your cookie preferences. Please note that AgentSync has no affiliation with, and is not responsible for, the below third-party websites.
- Google Analytics: You can prevent your information from being used by Google Analytics by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- Do Not Track: You may turn on the Do Not Track (“DNT”) setting in your browser, which will enable your browser to send a special signal to websites, analytics companies, plug-in providers and other web services you encounter while browsing to stop tracking your activity. To turn on your DNT signal, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/#adjust-settings. Please note that AgentSync does not respond to DNT signals.
04. Why We Collect Personal Information and How We Use It
Our goal is to perform our Services with high quality and to provide you with a great experience. We, or our authorized third-party service providers, agents and/or partners who assist us in providing the Site and/or Services, process personal information for the following reasons:
- To provide and operate the AgentSync Site, Application and Services;
- To update, improve, and/or enhance our Site, Application and Services;
- To provide technical support for and protect our Site, Application and Services;
- To conduct analytics related to our Site, Application and Services;
- To facilitate your payments and fees relating to our Services;
- To respond to your inquiries and requests, or otherwise communicate with you or provide you with assistance;
- To send marketing communications about our Application and Services;
- To enable our business partners to have up-to-date information about Producers;
- To provide updates about our Services;
- To provide information to regulatory bodies when legally required and comply with legal obligations (See “Disclosure of Personal Information” below); and
- To keep you updated about changes to policies relating to our Services and Site (including this Privacy Notice).
05. Disclosure of Personal Information
Aside from disclosing your information to those of our personnel who are authorized to process the information in order to provide AgentSync Services and/or run our Site, we disclose personal information only to the third parties and for the reasons indicated below.
A. SERVICE PROVIDERS
We share personal information with our third-party service providers, contractors, and agents that assist us in running our Site, Services and business operations. These service providers provide services to us, for us, and/or on our behalf. Depending on how you use the Site and/or Services, the following categories of third parties may collect or receive personal information from us or on our behalf:
- Analytics providers;
- Marketing partners;
- Payment service providers;
- Information technology, software development and related infrastructure providers;
- Providers of business operations and communication tools; and
- Other third-party service providers that help us provide the Services and the Site.
B. BUSINESS PARTNERS
Our Services sync Producer data between a customer’s instance on the Salesforce.com Platform and the NIPR. To provide you with the Services, we share personal information with the NIPR and Salesforce.com. These business partners use the personal information to provide their own services to you. Please note that AgentSync does not have access to the Producer information that is transferred unless a customer end user who is a Salesforce.com account administrator provides us access to the account for implementation, troubleshooting, or customer support purposes. If you request that AgentSync establish an instance on the Salesforce.com Platform on your behalf, we will share personal information with Salesforce.com to establish and set up your account to fulfill your request.
C. BUSINESS TRANSFERS
We may share personal information with third parties whom we choose to acquire, or to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. If we are involved in a merger or acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, your personal information may transfer as permitted by law and/or contract.
D. LEGAL OBLIGATIONS
Subject to the limitations in this Section, we will disclose personal information if we believe that it is necessary to comply with a law, regulation, legal process, or legitimate governmental request; to protect the safety of any person; to protect the safety or security of the Site, Services and AgentSync users; to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to prevent spam, abuse, fraud, or other malicious activity of actors using or accessing the Site or AgentSync Services; or to protect our rights or property or the rights or property of those who use the Site and/or AgentSync Services. Non-public information about our users will not be released to law enforcement except in response to an appropriate legal process such as a subpoena, court order, or other valid legal process that has been reviewed by AgentSync. However, if we receive information that provides us with a good faith belief that there is an exigent emergency, we may provide information to law enforcement trying to prevent or mitigate the danger (if we have it), to be determined on a case-by-case basis.
E. WITH YOUR CONSENT
There may be situations where you are asked to consent to share personal information with third parties for additional reasons not included in this Privacy Notice. We will only share personal information with these third parties if you consent to such sharing.
F. AGGREGATE, ANONYMOUS, OR DE-IDENTIFIED DATA
We may share anonymous or de-identified usage data with our service providers or business partners for the purpose of analysis and improvements. Additionally, AgentSync may share such anonymous or de-identified usage data on an aggregate basis in the normal course of operating our business.
06. Marketing Preferences
From time to time, we may use personal information to send you information about offerings that may be of interest to you. If you no longer want to receive marketing emails from us in the future, you may opt-out by using the unsubscribe link that we include at the bottom of each marketing email. You can also manage your marketing preferences by contacting us.
07. Payment Processing
AgentSync does not directly collect your payment information and does not store your payment information. We use third-party service providers, such as Stripe, which collect the payment information on our behalf to complete the transactions.
08. Third-Party Links
09. Protecting Personal Information
We have put in place reasonable and appropriate security measures designed to prevent personal information from being lost, used, accessed, altered or disclosed in an unauthorized or unlawful way. For example, we use encryption, secure socket layer and password protection.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, and we cannot and do not guarantee that personal information is completely secure and safe from such risks. By using the Site, Application and/or Services, you understand and assume the risks associated with your activities on the Internet.
If you have reason to believe that your information is no longer secure, please let us know by contacting us.
10. How Long Do We Keep Personal Information?
Where AgentSync stores personal information, we retain such personal information for the purposes stated in this Privacy Notice. To determine how long we keep personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of personal information, the reasons for which we collect and process the information and applicable legal requirements.
11. International Transfers of Personal Information
AgentSync is based in the United States, and the Services are designed for use in the United States. The personal information that we collect or receive will be transferred to and processed in the United States. We also transfer personal information to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above, which may be located outside of your country or regional area, and may be processed by staff, agents, or contractors operating outside of your country or regional area. The data protection laws of the United States or other countries may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in your country of residence. We take appropriate steps to protect personal information when it is transferred as required under applicable law.
12. Accessing and Modifying Personal Information
All users who have shared their personal information directly with us through our Site, Services or authorized service providers may contact us to review, update or correct their personal information that we have on file. For questions about personal information that we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to reasonable inquiries without undue delay. Before we can act on your requests, to ensure the security of your account, we may ask you to verify your identity.
13. Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and AgentSync does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use the Services or provide any personal information. If you are a parent or guardian and you learn your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we learn we have collected or received personal information about a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as required by applicable law.
14. Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. When we update the Privacy Notice, we will revise the “effective date” above and post a link to the new Privacy Notice on our website, unless otherwise required by applicable law. You are advised to review this Privacy Notice periodically for any changes. Changes to this Privacy Notice are effective when they are posted on this page. Whenever we make any material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will provide you with notice before the modifications are effective, such as by posting a notice on our website or sending a message to the most recent email address that we have on file for you.
15. Contact us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at:
2660 Walnut Street
Denver, CO 80205
Read Our Terms & Conditions