New Portal Enabling Agent Onboarding in Minutes ⏱️ | Read about how Senior Life streamlined agent onboarding!

AgentSync State Resources

Missouri Insurance Licensing and Compliance Resources

Contact Hero Image

State License Division Information

Missouri Department of Insurance
P.O. Box 690
Jefferson City, Missouri 65102
Phone: (573) 751-3518
Fax: (573) 526-3416

Non Resident Licensing Information: Missouri Division of Professional Registration Real Estate Commission

For Carriers in Missouri

  • Drastically reduce time to sell

  • Automatically Sync active agent records with NIPR

  • Reduce time to activate Agents with seamless onboarding experience

For Agencies in Missouri

  • Import the agent record from the NIPR PDB (Producer Database) in real time

  • Daily change updates synced directly with NIPR

  • Daily change updates synced directly with NIPR

For MGAs/MGUs in Missouri

  • Let technology help manage your distribution channel with contracting, licensing, appointments, & compliance solutions.

  • Basic setup completed in days, not months

  • Submit appointments in a few clicks


Depending on what type of insurance agent you want to be or what types of policies you need to sell, you will need to choose what type or types of insurance licenses you need to get. After you’ve determined which licenses you need, it’s time to begin studying for the Missouri insurance exams. The next step after completing all of your pre-license coursework or self-study is to take the insurance exam. You will take one exam for each line of insurance you wish to carry. Life, Accident, & Health (LA&H) and Property & Casualty (P&C) lines are combined lines in Missouri, so you will take two exams if you wish to attain all of these lines of authority.

Once you have completed your exams, you are now ready to apply for your license. If you have more than one line of authority that you have passed the exam for, be sure to apply for all of those lines. Once you have submitted your application and have filled all the other requirements, your license application will be reviewed by the state. Your background check initiated by the application will also be reviewed.

The State of Missouri does not offer a Resident Insurance Adjuster License and does not require a license to practice insurance claims adjusting within the state.

Insurance licenses expire every two (2) years on the anniversary of when the license was issued. Unlike other states, Missouri does not require you to take another exam to renew your license.

If you want to submit a paper renewal application, you will need to contact the Missouri Department of Insurance Licensing Section at 573-751-3518 or email them. Otherwise, you can renew your license electronically. AgentSync can also help with the renewal process.

There is a fee of $100 to renew your license.

One thing to note: Missouri requires you to complete 16 hours of continuing education every two years.

In Missouri, you’ll need to complete and submit the “Uniform Application for Individual” form online (if eligible) or by paper. Then, attach the $100.00 application fee if you’re submitting a paper application (Online application fees are paid at the time of submission). Checks may be made payable to the Missouri Department of Commerce and Insurance. AgentSync can also help with the renewal process.

The mailing address is Missouri Department of Commerce and Insurance, PO Box 4001, Jefferson City MO 65102.

Missouri is one of 16 states that do not license insurance adjusters (non-resident or otherwise). This means you can legally adjust claims in your state without a license, but only in said state.

Non-Resident applicants must be licensed for the same license type and lines of authority to be eligible for online submission. Additionally, Non-Resident Adjusters in Missouri are only required to complete the Continuing Education (CE) requirements of their Designated Home State (DHS).

The individual must submit an adjuster’s application ($100 fee) found at Missouri Insurance Department. You may also apply on-line at The NIPR website.

For more information, contact the Missouri Department of Insurance.

Missouri is one of 16 states that do not license insurance adjusters. This means you can legally adjust claims in your state without a license, but only in said state.

To adjust in the state of Missouri, you will need to obtain a Designated Home State (DHS) license. You will go through that state’s (Missouri or otherwise) licensing process, testing, and compliance regulations and their license will act as your resident, or home state license.

If youre looking to become an insurance adjuster in a non-licensing state like Missouri, the Florida 70-20 DHS License is the next best thing for the following reasons:
The state offers the quickest turnaround time after you submit your documents.
The Florida 70-20 license is reciprocal with most states.
A Florida DHS license is good for 4 years.

This is not to say this is the only way to obtain a DHS license, it is simply the easiest. Many of the licensing states offer DHS licenses. So be sure to do additional research to find the best fit.

For more information, contact the Missouri Department of Insurance.

*State specific rules and regulations can change. Please be sure to visit NIPR or the state’s website for the latest information.